Atlanta OutWorlders Business Meeting Minutes for 2020/09/20
Attendees: Robert Allen (Vice President), Christian Hain (President), Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Robert Marshall.
11:05 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
August Minutes approved.
Discussed email from "The Cube".
- President: Ordered Samples for Sweaters and Masks; Designed mockups for sweaters; Picked up four games including Pandemic for $15 to include in the game library; Submitted Draft of Bylaws to Darie for review; Reached out to OutlantaCon about participating in their meetings.
- Vice-President: Researched non-profits to support, presented Trans Housing Coalition (THC), TRANScending Barriers Atlanta, and Lost n Found Youth; Noted THC may not be a 501(c)3; Also noted Vice-President's Cousin is on the Lost n Found Youth Board. Posted Game Night Poll to see what game pople were most interested in playing, Jackbox won.
- Treasurer: Three t-shirt orders received in July, T-shirt cost to be posted in September.
- Secretary: No Report.
- Events Coordinator: Vacant, Duties performed by Vice-President;
- Public Relations Coordinator: Vacant, Duties performed by Vice-President; Notes that memes, former posts, and event photos get engagement.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant, Duties performed by President. Noted several search queries related to book club.
- Historian: Vacant
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No report, will send Bylaws to Darie for review.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Suspended.
- OutReaders SIG: Discussed Harrow the Ninth by Tasmin Muir; six people attended; everyone gave a thumbs-up.
- 501(c)3 Registration: Bylaws to be sent to Darie to review.
- Merchandise: On hold.
- Game Library: Four games added to the library.
- OutlantaCon: Christian sent an email to OutlantaCon.
- Black Lives Matter: Promote March on Washington. 3 votes for. Support donations for a charity; Maybe get masks and donate $5 per quid pro quo exchange. Need to make plans to get shirts/masks into hands by Nov 20 (Transgender Day of Remembrance).
- Proposal 2020-08-A. Reimburse Christian for OutWorlders Shirts: Did not send out notice for the vote; postponed.
- Facebook Welcome Message: New members that join the Facebook Group should be welcomed via messenger; Robert to draft the message.
12:45 PM - Adjourned