Atlanta OutWorlders Business Meeting Minutes for 2020/05/17
Attendees: Leah, Christian H, Robert A, Bryan
11:16 am - Called to order
April's minutes approved; May's minutes reviewed; some amendment needed; will resubmit in June
- President - purchased Zoom for virtual OutWorlders events; hosted Virtual Charades; granted admin status to all sponsoring members on OutWorlders Discord channel
- Vice-President - received email blast from AFPLS announcing intended re-opening of some library locations
- Secretary - April minutes re-submitted; May minutes submitted
- April Bylaws Meeting - postponed until 05/23/2020
- April Out@theMovies Night - held 04/25/2020, virtually, using Netflix Party and Discord; 15 attendees; viewed "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar"
- May Game Night - held 05/02/2020, virtually, using Zoom; played Charades for 3 hours; 13 attendees with only 5 clue givers over the course of the night; recommendations if we do it again: only going 2 hours, soliciting clues from people ahead of time
- May OutReaders Meetup - held 05/16/2020, virtually, using Zoom; 8 attendees; discussed Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer; survey for July's book being held on Facebook and kept open until later tonight
- May Bylaws Meeting - to be held 05/23/2020
- May Out@theMovies Night - to be held 05/23/2020, virtually, using Netflix Party and Discord; will view Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) on the 30th anniversary of its debut
- June OutReaders Meetup - to be held 06/20/2020; will discuss Hild by Nicola Griffith
- 501(c)3 Registration - meeting postponed until next weekend (05/23/2020)
- Merchandise - order still on hold; no need to have items in stock with no opportunity to sell them
- 20th Anniversary Party - discussion on hold
- Monthly Video Game Nights - discussion on hold
- Game Library - donations on hold
- COVID-19 - when should we begin meeting physically again? agreed not July, perhaps August; when we do, we should provide hand sanitizer; should we have a no-mask, no-admittance policy? food is an issue also, since our gatherings tend to be buffet style; no sharing food/beverages?
- June Game Night - should we hold another virtual event? Just One? Charades again? something else? solicit suggestions from the group membership
- Facebook Changes - Facebook recently announced an upcoming change to their policies: any groups made private can never be made public; something to consider?
11:47 am - Adjourned