Atlanta OutWorlders Business Meeting Minutes for 2020/04/19
Attendees: Leah, Christian H, Elbot, Robert A, Robert M, Bryan
11:05 am - Called to order
Previous month's minutes reviewed; some amendment needed; will resubmit in May
- President - designed stickers for board game library with Robert A; created OutWorlders Discord server; updated SSL cert on website and made some general updates
- Vice-President - emailed Rush Center in regard to renting the space for our anniversary party; has not heard back
- Secretary - April minutes submitted; March minutes re-submitted
- April OutReaders Meetup - held 4/18 online using Google Meet; discussed "Shadow of the Sun" by Barbara Friend Ish; June's book to be decided via poll on Facebook (closing next day)
- April Bylaws Meeting - to be held online 4/25
- April Out@theMovies Meetup - to be held 4/25 online using Netflix Party and Discord; watching "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar"
- May OutReaders Meetup - to be held 5/16 online; will discuss Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer and choose July's book
- 501(c)3 Registration - no meeting held in March; will try to revive in the next month
- OutlantaCon 2020 - con was cancelled; the hotel never charged the card, so no refund is needed; matter closed
- Merchandise - pending; logo placement is still an issue
- 20th Anniversary Party - Rush Center website says they are not accepting reservations for the rest of the year; if we go forward with the even this year, we will need another venue; possibly hold it ourdoors? weather is an issue then; we could try rec centers, school gyms, restaurants, etc; we may need to postpone it until next year, our 21st!
- Game Library - what games are essential? send ideas to Robert A; stickers mocked up by Christian and Robert A are discussed; can be used to mark as ours, but also to say who donated and even include a tracking number; how can we track what games are being played? move them to a "played" table? a "check out" card?
- Spring Picnic - cancelled; matter closed
- COVID-19 - April 30th is end of Shelter in Place order in GA, and May Game Night would be a few days later; best to postpone for at least a month; can we hold a virtual game night? ideas include tabletop simulator, Jackbox, charades on Zoom, Just One with pen and paper
- OutWorlders Support - should we be doing something to help those having a hard time? we agree we aren't qualified to do much; we can try to do more virtual events
- No discussion
11:59 am - Adjourned