OutWorlders, Inc. Regular Meeting Minutes for 2020/11/15
Attendees: Robert Allen (Vice-President), Christian Hain (President), Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Robert Allen (Elections Coordinator).
11:05 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
October Minutes approved.
- President: Created online order form for sweaters; designed two face masks; Ordered 100 masks, 40 sweatshirts, and 2 t-shirts; created mockups for apparel, Facebook graphics, and Instagram graphics.
- Trans Housing Coalition: Contacted director of Trans Housing Coalition; her suggestion was to make donations via PayPal or CashApp.
- Zoom: Set up reusable Zoom meeting link for OutWorlders
- Happy Hour Poll: 15 respondents chose weekend evening, 12 respondents chose weeknight evening; 6 respondents indicated they weren’t interested.
- Treasurer: One $50 check deposited.
- Secretary: No Report.
- Events Coordinator: Vacant. Duties performed by Vice-President. Will host a Game Night and Happy Hour once per month. Next Game Night will be Code Names, Happy Hour will be on the 28th.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Vacant. Duties performed by Vice-President. Began posting more LGBTQ+ content and sci-fi “holidays” (such as Stan Lee’s Birthday).
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant.
- Historian: Vacant.
- Elections Coordinator: Nominations are: Andy Shavers and Wendy Darling, Secretary; Bryan Faris (incumbent), Treasurer; Robert Allen (incumbent), Vice-President; Christian Hain (incumbent), President.
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No updates.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Suspended.
- OutReaders SIG:: Has not met since last meeting.
- 501(c)3 Registration: No updates.
- Merchandise: On hold.
- Game Library: On hold.
- OutlantaCon: OutlantaCon announced they are suspending their 2021 convention. Matter closed.
- Black Lives Matter:
- Hoodies: Ordered apparel. Updated Formsite Swag Form to include hoodies; 18 hoodies ordered for members, 22 hoodies ordered for inventory to meet minimum thresholds; hoodies sold for $40/each and shirts sold for $30/each; some orders included $9.95 for shipping.
- Masks: Designed two versions of masks
- Proposal 2020-10-A. Fundraising for Trans Housing Coalition: passed during November 2, 2020 Emergency Meeting.
- New Facebook member welcome: Message finalized. Matter closed.
11:59 AM - Adjourned.
Submitted by Christian Hain, December 19, 2020